Friday, March 9, 2007

Honey Caramel Walnut Tart.

Honey Caramel Walnut Tart

Honey Caramel Walnut Tart

This recipe comes from Chocolate Holidays by Alice Medrich. It's basically a double-crust caramel walnut tart covered in ganache. I used a nice Tupelo honey that suited the recipe quite well, I think. I highly recommend baking something like this on a baking sheet- otherwise it can leak horribly in the oven.

I haven't posted in a while because i've started work as an assistant pastry chef. I'm working in a very small restaurant that only does lunch and high tea. I've always loved their pastry, and it's a fantastic work environment. My coworkers are really friendly. For now, i'm working four nights a week from 5pm-11:45pm.

Over the past two days we made caramel mousse tarts, coconut white chocolate tarts, orange ricotta tarts, herbed focaccia, white chocolate garnishes, burnt almond tortes, flourless chocolate cakes topped with milk chocolate mousse, espresso panna cottas, white cakes, sugar dough, and more.

So far, so good, although I overmixed a sugar dough after putting in 2 lbs of flour instead of 2.5 O.o I was getting really tired and spacy by then, which can be dangerous.