Sunday, September 16, 2007

Wedding Cake (Part 3.)

Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

The reception was wonderful. The decorations were great, the food was simple and delicious, the alcohol was plentiful, the people were genial, and the cake was very well recieved.

It was really delicious. The caterer took care of the cutting after Aaron and Claudia made the first slice. Many people told me they usually didn't eat cake, but they loved this and ate two or three slices. I recieved so many nice compliments. It felt really nice to see everyone eating and enjoying the cake.

I found quarts of strawberries for a dollar each in the Strip District on Saturday. I bought five for the filling and they really added a lot to the finished product. The ribbon on the cake was actually a very bright royal purple, but I made the mistake of bringing the small camera rather than the nice one and it didn't register.

If I ever decide to make another wedding cake it won't be nearly as stressful. All the worrying about how everything would turn out was horrid, and now that i've gone through the entire process I think I can do a lot better!

I had an awesome time. And there's a good chunk of leftovers :)

2 comments:

Manggy said...

Beautiful. (Don't you think Braker's buttercream tastes too much like butter?) All the hard work paid off.

What is up with the newlyweds' stance, though?! That's tense!!

Anonymous said...

Well done! The cake looks lovely and the cut cake slice looks moist and so pretty with the layers of strawberry and buttercream. Yum.