Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lemon-Blueberry Cake

Lemon Blueberry Cake

Blueberries are on sale everywhere, it seems.

This cake was a variation on the Perfect Party Cake from Dorie Greenspan's Baking From my Home to Yours. I added blueberries and a tart lemon curd from The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book.

Summer isn't an ideal season for transporting layer cakes. It was about 90 degrees in the car and the piping details started to melt. Luckily, the cake arrived at its final destination in one piece.

My favorite part of this recipe was the lemon curd. I've been pleased with the America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book. It has a good balance of sweet and savory recipes for different skill-levels, and I think it would make an excellent gift for the novice baker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks lovely! I have always wanted to try making lemon curd..

Anonymous said...

That looks like heaven.

Christine said...

Pretty cake! The icing looks perfect and the center of blueberries is a nice touch.